Sunday, March 1, 2015

REVIEW: Fairest ( Lunar Chronicles 3.5 )


Fairest ( Lunar Chronicles #3.5)

Marissa Meyer 

Publication date: Jan 27. 2015

Source: Bought Kindle Version

222 Pages

Links : Goodreads / Amazon 



In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?

Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now.

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series.


                    My Thoughts                   

What makes a bad girl so Bad ?


 I loved Fairest ! I know there are always mixed reviews from readers and I think you either love or hate these extra books in A series, but me,  I LOVE THEM !  Pretty much Marissa Meyer can do no wrong , please keep writing!  Like many of the other companion books in the Lunar Chronicles, Fairest tells us about the past of the most allusive character so far, Queen Levana. 



Fairest follows her highness before there there was ever hope of her becoming a queen, when she lived in the shadow an her awful sister. I loved seeing where she came from and what really makes her tick. Bad people aren't necessarily born bad but through the years she has dealt with a lot, and unfortunatly life has made her hard.  I enjoyed seeing how princess selene ( aka Cinder ) came to be and where Winter will come into play in the next novel. 

Cinder              Prince Kai           Scarlet                Wolf               Cress              Thorne             Queen Levana
I enjoy these companion novels and finding out a little more about each of the Lunar Chronicles characters especially since they give me my Lunar Chronicles fix. My only complaint is that I have to wait until 2015 to read Winter!!!! 




                    Author Bio                    

I live in Tacoma, Washington, with my fiancé and our two cats. In addition to my slight obsession with books and writing, I'm big on road-tripping, wine-tasting, and hunting for antiques. I'm represented by Jill Grinberg.
CINDER, my debut novel, is a futuristic re-envisioning of Cinderella in which Cinder is a cyborg mechanic. Release date: 3 Jan 2012.




Website   /   Goodreads




Also, if your feeling chatty, check out my other Lunar Chronicles Reviews !

No comments:

Post a Comment